THE NICHE OF A QUILTER, READER, PET LOVER, AND GARDNER

Monday, April 05, 2010

Finished Quilting On Second Dick&Jane Quilt


I actually finished the quilting on the second Dick&Jane girl quilt today. In one day, I like that! The quilt top always looked very simple to me, but  the quilting design gives it a lot of personality. I'm so glad I chose that design. I did mark the design because it was my first machine quilted quilt. Marking it did take time and so did the pinning. I hate pinning! But it was all worth it. I would rather pin than thread baste that's for sure. I did make some mistakes, like messing up on a couple stitches when I was sewing but you can't really see them with the busy fabric, which is why I chose a flower print for the backing. I'm not stupid LOL.  Tomorrow, I'll be putting on the binding, but I haven't decided if I'm going to sew it on by hand or machine.

1 comment:

Mari Nuñez said...

You make beautiful work! I know how to saw, but I have almost 4 yaers I do not sew. I have started a cake business at home and haven't had the time to sew something. I have always wanted to do a quilt, I will follow your bog to see if I learn a few tricks and tips.
have a blessed day!