THE NICHE OF A QUILTER, READER, PET LOVER, AND GARDNER

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Woohoo! Finished Dick and Jane Quilt


I am so glad to be done with this little quilt. I am so looking forward to starting on another quilting project. I have plenty to choose from that's for sure. I'm very happy with how it turned out especially the quilting. I quilted circles all around the blue polka dot border and it turned out pretty good. I always sew the binding on the right side and then turn it over to the backing side and hand sew it. I never catch the right side fabric and it always looks very neat with stitches that are almost invisible. When I started this quilt I thought it would be a girl quilt but nah it definitely looks like a boy quilt. I still need to wash it to remove the markings and hopefully they will all come out. I can honestly say I didn't like quilting circles. I actually hated it but it was well worth the trouble because they look really cool. I would definitely make another quilt like this but in a cowgirl theme. I know a 7 year old girl who loves everything western. I guess I just chose my next project.

5 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Oh, that is very nice Estee. That is a lot of work and it came out perfect. I think it's fun making little quilts. I've made a couple of little ones, but not as good as yours. Have a great rest of the week and job well done. Take care.

nevalia said...

nice blog

Bee said...

Very nice quilt! I have promised to make each of my grandbabies a quilt and I am two behind with the next baby due tomorrow!! I am always looking for ideas. This is very sweet. I guess it gives away my age when I say that I remember Dick and Jane very well!

Teena in Toronto said...

Good job!

Happy blogoversary :)

EmmaP said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!!