THE NICHE OF A QUILTER, READER, PET LOVER, AND GARDNER

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Garden Art For Spring

This is a bowling ball I decorated using half marbles. I love the way it looks in the sun.

I have to start planning a design for the bowling balls I'm planning on buying this coming spring and it's just around the corner for us in Texas. I'm going to paint some and jewel some to make my back yard pretty.I had a hard time finding bowling balls at garage sales but finally found this one at a antique shop. I haven't worked nor really been in my back yard for months and I'm really getting the urge to do that again. I also want to make a big bird bath out of hypertufa and using a big elephant ear leaf for a mold. I'v been waiting for my elephant ear to produce big leafs.
By the way this is an Angel's Trumpet plant and if you don't have one you should get one because the scent is just wonderful. It smells like lemons mixed with sweet perfume and at night the scent travels up to 10 to 15 feet.

7 comments:

Regina said...

Awesome! I have the ball and the marbles, but have not done mine yet. Does the color of the ball really show through, as my ball is black. Did you use the silicone caulk to adhere the marbles, or something else??? Inquiring minds!!

GlorV1 said...

oh that really sounds like fun Estee. I don't have bowling balls though. I would imagine that nice colors of marbles or half marbles looks awesome when the sun hits it. Great idea. I do have tons of trumpet vines but mine are orange. I have a lot of jasmine and other very nice smelling vines like wisteria, lipstick vines. I love gardening too and hopefully I can get out there this year. Great post. Take care.

Tracey in CT said...

Your bowling ball is very cool.

Thelma-Art said...

Beautiful plant, I think hummingbirds visit you a lot. :)

Marla said...

Oh! I want a trumpet plant sooooo bad but haven't enough sun or space for it. I need to live vicariously through yours!

EWian said...

Reading this post made me miss summer!!! We have 100cm of snow! and all I want to do is sit out side drink my tea and listen to the bird while drawing in my journal...

The ball Idea sounds like a lot of fun! Your garden is becoming a little magical place...


EWian

GlorV1 said...

Hi Estee, just wanted to say Happy Valentine's Day and oh yes, Happy Friday the 13th, as well.:) Have a great weekend.