THE NICHE OF A QUILTER, READER, PET LOVER, AND GARDNER

Monday, January 05, 2009

Book Shopping

Today, Monday, hubby stayed home so we went into the Houston area to check out another Half Price Books a chain store in the Houston area that sells books,movies,cd's,games, and magazines. Everything in those stores is half off. I love that place. They have lot's of new titles and movies for $6. I'm a book addict and I guess it really shows in my face in the picture. LOL! I bought three books, THE BONE LADY Life As A Forensic Anthropologist, POISON STUDY, Yelena becomes the food taster of the commander in order to leave a life of poverty and RED GLASS,
A small boy named Pablo crosses into Arizona from Mexico. We then went to eat at Ninfa's a mexican restaurant that has some of the best fajitas. We got there at 3p.m after the lunch crowd and before the evening crowd so it was just us and two more couples. I had fajitas with rice, refried beans, guacamole, tortillas and a glass of sweet tea, and boy was it good. I bought my son an enchilada plate his favorite and on Mondays it's two for the price of one so he'll be eating good tonight after work. We don't eat there to often though only a couple of times a year.

3 comments:

Joyce said...

I'm so jealous. I wish we had a store like that near us. Have you read Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin? It's an excellent book and has a sequel called The Serpent's Tale. They are mysteries set in Medieval England.

Marlublu said...

Joyce, I do have the book Mistress of the Art of Death I just haven't gotten to it yet.Mysteries set in the medieval time period are my favorites. I like all books but I collect historical novels. Right now I'm reading The Witch of Cologne which really has nothing to do with witchery but a midwife instead.Brother Cadfael is another one of my favorites.

GlorV1 said...

Those books do look interestig but the food sounds delicious. Sounds like you had a really nice time. That's what life is all about, enjoying yourself. Take care.