THE NICHE OF A QUILTER, READER, PET LOVER, AND GARDNER

Sunday, January 04, 2009

TEXAS SIZE POTATO

This Friday and Saturday I have eaten some good food. Friday I had some bad back pain so hubby bought some baked potatoes from Kelly's a restaurant chain in the Houston Galveston area and let me tell you everything in that place in Texas size Their potatoes are so big most people don't believe me when I describe them. They come with whatever you want on them. My favorites are with grilled chicken and this BBQ beef. You really have to see it to believe it. Sorry you vegans but I do like good beef once in a while. A potato this size will last me about three to four days. My son made the pasta with shrimp and tomatoes and it was very yummy. The trail mix is Indulgent from Wally World it's very reasonably priced and boy is it good. The reason it's on my desk is because I was snacking on it. HEHEHE! You have got to try it. I have to force myself to not eat a lot of it believe me. It's got dark chocolate, peanut butter, and white chocolate chips, peanuts, almonds and cashews. It comes in a big bag so you get lot's of it. Try it!
Saturday, hubby and I went to Barnes & Noble and enjoyed some coffee, hot chocolate and cookies from the cafe. The cookies are huge and after eating half of it I just know I had a sugar rush because I had to have some water immediately. I won't be doing that again. We then went to Fry's and I bought The Tudor's first full t.v series. I've never watched it but I'm crazy about historical novels so we'll see how good it is.

4 comments:

Joyce said...

That is one BIG potato! Potatoes are a favorite food in our family but I've never met one that big.

Marla said...

They sell potatoes like that at Jasons Deli. Looking at the photo of yours is just making me hungry!

GlorV1 said...

Hi, I just found your blog via Little Glimpses and I really like your blog. The food looks delish. You hae a very nice family. Happy New Year.

GlorV1 said...

Thx for stopping by my blog. Ooh that looks yummy. I will have to backtrack an your blog, it looks very interesting. Have a great week.