THE NICHE OF A QUILTER, READER, PET LOVER, AND GARDNER

Friday, January 09, 2009

Dolls I Use To Make

Here's a picture of one of the dolls I use to make a long long time ago. I use to work with a friend and people would give us a picture from their child hood and we would make it look like that picture. This is suppose to be the school nurse of my son's elementary school.This doll was about three feet tall. The nurse later told me her grand kids use to just love that doll and they would sit and just talk to her all the time.Those dolls used a lot of stuffing and they were a pain to stuff because they had to be very firm. I have to look for the rest of the pictures to show you more. I'm thinking maybe I gave up making these because I prefer working with small scale things.

3 comments:

GlorV1 said...

That doll is just beautiful. It must have taken you some time to finish it up. You are very creative and thx for sharing. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Incredible, you a very creative.

Kama said...

Whoa. That is awesome!! I just started quilting and found your blog from quilting blogs. I can't wait to finish my first quilt--you can check out my progress on my blog!