THE NICHE OF A QUILTER, READER, PET LOVER, AND GARDNER

Monday, May 16, 2011

Taking My Chi To The Vet

I took my Chi to the Vet this morning because she has gotten bloated. She still eats normal, plays normal and poops and pees normal. She is 9 years old and I know that's many years for a pooch but I'm trying not to think the worst. Well, we got to the Vet's parking lot at 8 this morning and it was packed and a long line of people with their pets waiting outside the building door. I didn't want her to get too upset and nervous so we just turned right back and came home. That's the second time that happens because I also took her on Friday and the Vet was doing a long surgery and wasn't taking anymore patients. Of course they said, "If it's an emergency take her to the animal hospital." I'm going back at 10, 30 minutes from now. Anyway, my Chiquita loves being in the van with me strapped in the little doggy car seat. The seat can be set high enough for her to look outside so she loves looking at the other cars, and when we stop at a light next to other cars she does her barking thing. Her sister Minnie has to stay home by herself and she hates it. I hate leaving a crying pup behind. Just like kids I tell ya. I'll give you and update on Chiquita later.

6 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Hi Estee. Sorry to hear about your Chiquita. It's hard when your family pet members aren't doing well. I hope she is okay. Nice to see you post, haven't seen a post from you in quite some time. Hope all is okay, have a great week. I like your new profile pic, you look sexy. Woo Hoo!!:DD

Lane said...

We do love our dogs, eh? And, I hate to see them feeling bad about as much as I hate to take them to the vet. Hope all worked out well. Lane

Marlublu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marlublu said...

Gloria so good to hear from you too. The news from the Vet was bad. My Chiqui has a big tumor in her spleen which is why she is anemic. We're not doing anything except give her pain killers when she won't want to get up from bed anymore than we'll have her put to sleep. I don't want her to suffer with pain for too long. She still eats and barks and runs but is losing weight except for her big belly. I was very sad yesterday and couldn't sleep last night. I'm just going to make her happy and give her tons of kisses and cuddle her and take her on long drives which is what she likes. I'll be taking lot's of pictures and video's of her too.

Angie in SoCal said...

So sad, Estee - you are doing a wonderful thing for both of you. The fond memories you will have.

Teena in Toronto said...

I hope your dog is okay.

Happy blogoversary :)