THE NICHE OF A QUILTER, READER, PET LOVER, AND GARDNER

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Reading These Books

I am in the last chapter of Perfidia and I have to say it's one of those can't put down books. Although it's a book about a mother and daughter and how the daughter puts up with so much abuse from the mom with out telling anybody I have still enjoyed the book. I would love a sequel to the book. I found this book at Half Price Books for $1.00 so I really scored when I bought it. I have been looking for a spooky book to read starting the Monday of Halloween week which is something I've been doing for a number of years now. I had been searching Stephen King, Koontz, and other author's books but I'm such a chicken when it comes to horror books that I would grab a book and then just put it back until last night when I was at Barnes&Noble and I found THE BOOK OF LOST THINGS. Has anybody read that book? I have also been finishing up my quilting and working really fast to finish before Christmas since that's when I'm having company and the quilt is in the guest room. Luckily the kittens haven't made an attempt to jump on the quilt yet.LOL.

3 comments:

GlorV1 said...

It's good that you are keeping busy. I've been readying my Dia de Los Muertos Ofrenda for November 1. I'm not sure if I will do it next year, it takes a lot out of me. So you are having company, eh? Your sons coming over? What are you cooking for Christmas? I bet it will be good. Nice post, have a great Friday. Have you been to dida's lately? She has a very nice illustration that she did. I thought it was great.

Dida said...

hey there ..
how r u doing..?
thanks for dropping by...and thanks for liking my work.
he he so u buy a horror book and are scared to read it...the 1st and last horror book i read was "Omen"...it still haunts me.
also i m glad to inform you, that i recently made my very first quilt. i will soon post about it.
have a nice day..

dida

Angie in SoCal said...

Estee - look forward to seeing your quilt in the guest room. Sure it will be lovely.