THE NICHE OF A QUILTER, READER, PET LOVER, AND GARDNER

Monday, May 25, 2009

Time To Exercise :(

I invited my hubby to go check out the treadmills with me on Saturday and right after I told him which one I liked he said, “ O.K, let me get one of the guys to get it for us”. I was really surprised he was so complaisant so I’m thinking maybe he wants me to lose weight to but just won’t tell me. He’s smart he’s learned what not to say to me.LOL! It took him hours to put the darn thing together. I tried it out for the first time on Monday evening and I told him to film me so that I could put a small video of me on the blog. I set up the camera on the tripod and told him all you have to do is push the red button, so, I get on the treadmill and he can’t figure out where the button is and I try to stand on the side rails and I didn’t do it fast enough so one of my feet starts sliding backward and I’m trying to hold on to the handle bars. Luckily I was wearing the stop key and the treadmill stopped otherwise I would have really taken a bad fall. My husband looks at me and he’s doing his best not to laugh and says,"Can you do that again babe because that can be great on film”. It was pretty funny actually.LOL! I use to walk in my neighborhood but the pounding on the pavement was hard on my lower back so I stopped which was the reason I gained 30 pounds. I noticed that walking on the treadmill is much better. Anybody want to want to walk along with me at the same time and then post your progress?

3 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Estee, I think you will have fun with your treadmill. I try to exercise about 30 to 45 min a day at Curves. When I don't go to Curves I use my treadmill. Enjoy and before long those 30 pounds will be gone. Have a great Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

I've not broken down and gotten a treadmill yet but I am walking around our house for thirty minutes a day as part of my diabetic pregnancy exercise plan. (We have an open floor plan that is literally a nicely shaped oval) I'm trying not to gain as much weight with this pregnancy as I did with my first and hope to get back to a size I love once this baby is born. I'd love to do it along with you but am afraid I may not have very much to report other than staving off pounds.

Saska said...

My treadmill has been setting, but I need to get back on it.
My lower back hurts more when I walk on the treatmill instead of our dirt road.