THE NICHE OF A QUILTER, READER, PET LOVER, AND GARDNER

Monday, April 02, 2018

Antique Sewing Stool

Antique swivel piano stools, I love them! And I don't even play the piano. Ha! I had been wanting one for a long time and I thought about buying one through eBay but all the ones I was interested in were too expansive or the shipping was just outrageous. Thursday I was bored and decided to go to thrift stores in my local area just for the heck of it not even thinking about piano stools. The first place I went to didn't have anything worth spending money on. The second place I went to is in my area about a mile away and I actually was hoping I would find a rosary since I collect them but instead to my complete shock, I saw an antique piano stool. I swear my eyes almost popped out of my head. I checked it out and set on it and then asked about the prize. Lucky for me the price was perfect at $50.00 since the ones I had seen so far on eBay were like I said too expansive.The ones in good condition are over $200 and the ones in bad shape are between $60 and $100. I was going to think about it and I was walking out the store  I figured the chances of me finding another one at that price in my area were pretty low so I turned back around and said "The heck with it I'm getting it" and just bought it. I still can't believe my luck. I'm actually going to use it as a quilting stool for when I hand quilt using my floor quilting frame. I always use a rolling chair but it's so cumbersome and big and although the stool doesn't have casters it has a swivel seat so I'm pretty happy with that.


No comments: