THE NICHE OF A QUILTER, READER, PET LOVER, AND GARDNER

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Quilt Books And Patterns

Lately, I've been buying a lot of patterns on line from some really nice women from FB sewing groups. I've also hit some resale shops and have found some new clothing patterns for 50 cents. I even found the Kaffee Fassett Romance quilt book for 75 cents. I thought I was dreaming when I saw it. LOL! Heck I even found some beautiful brand new fabric for at least two blouses along with the thread. I like going on Fridays because the linens including fabric is 50% off. I only buy from a thrift store who donates all their money to a women's shelter.
First and second pictures are some patterns I bought from a sewing group. I don't think these weren't that cheap since I paid $6 a piece but I really liked them especially the large doll block quilt pattern.  I also love me a strip quilt and the 12 block quilt reminds me of Sunbonnet Sue but in a primitive style.
The cottage quilt pattern I bought cause I've never made a house quilt before and my plan is to make several houses in the colors of the houses my husband and  I lived as a children. One of the books I just bought today. It's full of scrap quilt patterns and the older looking book I bought at half price books and that one has lot's of strip pieced patterns. I've got to use up all the scraps I have. Believe me I have tons of scraps! The pattern in the middle is a large angel wall hanging pattern. That pattern was lost for a couple of years and I had already given up on it until I found it cleaning out my fabric cutting table drawer. I've got rulers and scissors and lot's of other quilting stuff in it and the pattern was under all the rulers and cutting matts. I'll have to hand applique that to the front of a quilt top.








No comments: