THE NICHE OF A QUILTER, READER, PET LOVER, AND GARDNER

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Son Getting Married


I got good news a few weeks ago and it's that my middle son got engaged to his girlfriend from New York. The wedding will be next year but ever since the news I haven't thought of anything else but the wedding. I can't really concentrate on quilting or jewelry making now. I'm very happy for both of them and for me because I finally get to have another girl in the family. I have a feeling the next 11 months will go by very fast.
 The latest update on my Chiquita is that she is still holding on one month after getting her diagnosis. She is losing weight but her appetite is still very good. She still barks at strangers and still defends her cat Cotton. Cotton is our two year old cat whom she bonded with as soon as she saw him when he was just a tiny 5 week old kitten. She will go after anybody who she feels is threatening him. It's very cute to watch. I'm just loving her to bits and lightly rubbing her tummy every night. That's something she loves and helps to totally relax her. I will keep you posted on her health and the wedding plans.

3 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Oh I feel sad for Chiquita. It always so sad. Congratulations to your son and girlfriend. My, time is going by fast and soon who knows, there may be little ones running around the kitchen, your kitchen. Tee hee. Glad everything is okay. Have a nice week. Do you remember when it was raining so much over there that your trash cans were running away in the water? tee hee. There goes Marlu and her chiquita. Tee hee. take care.

Marla said...

I'm sorry, or happy, to tell you that wedding"itis" will run amok for the next 11 months! It is a blast though!! Congratulations to your family.

Marlublu said...

Morah that is hilarious!!But I don't mind getting this weddingitis, I've been waiting a long time. LOL