Monday, August 09, 2010

Sewing Project For The Week

I am working on a cushion cover for a bench chest that my hubby made for me about two years ago. I had bought some 3 inch foam for it when hubby first made it for me but I was never happy with it. I always thought the foam was too soft. A few days ago I went to JoAnn's and bought some new 5 inch foam for it. I payed a pretty penny for it too but the foam is suppose to hold it's shape and it's actually very comfy. I had to cut the foam with an electric knife which felt as if I was cutting butter. No joke! I measured every side of the foam and cut the fabric out for the cover. Tuesday I will be sewing it together and hopefully it will turn out nice. I was going to add pipping but I just want to get this over with. I'll do it with another cover. I will post some pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

quiltfool said...

Busy, busy! I'm boycotting piping for a while. I covered a sofa about three years ago and had to make miles and miles of it. Not fun work. Enjoy the project. Looking forward to a picture. Lane