THE NICHE OF A QUILTER, READER, PET LOVER, AND GARDNER

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Almost Burned The House & Reached A Goal Today

Remember I mentioned my son was cutting the headliner for his car.Well, I got after him for not cleaning up the tiny specks of old spongy foam which were all over my cutting table. I told him to use the vacuum and to make sure he got everything. Well he plugs it in and turns it on and I hear this very weird sound like if there was something stuck inside the vacuum. It was still working so my son kept on using it then he very calmly tells me to go and look at what was happening so I go look and the vacuum is smoking really bad. I told him to run and unplug the darn thing which he did and ran outside with the thing. The smell and smoke were bad. I mean it stunk so bad I had to open all the windows. When hubby came home son told him I almost burned the house. Hubby then asks me, "Did you put a bag in it because it didn't have one? Did you check the bottom to make sure there was nothing stuck?" I said no and then wondered if he probably knew there was something wrong with it and didn't tell me which wouldn't be the first time. UGH!!! My reached goal was, no, I didn't lose weight, but I walked 4 1/2 miles on the treadmill today. LOL! I had been walking 30 to 40 minutes at a pretty fast speed but by the 30 minutes I was pretty much done and would usually just reach about 2 1/2 miles. Well, today, I walked at more comfortable pace but for 1 hour and was able to walk the 4 1/2 miles and burn more calories. I don't know why I hadn't done that before. I guess I thought that walking faster would burn more calories. I've been reading the book, STEP UP, which has some fantastic tips. I usually walk till night time sometimes at 11 p.m. I know it's crazy but I just get too hot during the day. We finally got some rain today and I'm so thankful. My plants and the foundation of the house got some much needed relief. It also kept the temperatures from reaching 100.

1 comment:

GlorV1 said...

Wow! Glad you didn't have a fire. That's a good thing. You have been walking that treadmill pretty good. I wish I had your will power to do that. I just exercise for 45 minutes and I do have a treadmill but get lazy with that. Keep it up Estee and before long you will be where you want to be. I'll be so jealous then.:) Take care and walk on!