THE NICHE OF A QUILTER, READER, PET LOVER, AND GARDNER

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Raining Cats and Dogs In Houston

Wow, was the rain we got in Houston saturday crazy or what! Those were some severe thunderstorms with tornados. We live in a high place so when our street and back yard get flooded it means we have gotten way too much rain. I couldn't believe how hard and fast the rain was coming down. I heard we got somewhere like 8 inches of rain in a small amount of time. There were trash bags floating down our street. I have seen it get like that three times first time was back in the early 90's during a tropcial storm and then during the bad flood here back in 2001 and then again yesterday. We have a shed in the back yard and if it would've rained one more inch the water would've gone into the shed. I'm sure many houses got rain inside because like I said we live on a pretty high spot so when our street gets flooded it gets pretty bad in other places. Today, Sunday, is a beautiful day and most of my roses are blooming.

4 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Wow Estee. That was some rain! Hope your plants were okay. At least you won't have to water for a week or so. Wow! Be careful there or it could have been you floating down the street. lol. Take care.Would you be quilting while you were slowly being taken away by the water. ;)

GlorV1 said...

Yes that would really be funny. A chihuahua in each hand being balanced so as not to drop the little creatures in the water. And you are going from side to side with a big smile on your face as if your going shopping. lol. Take care. ::walking out laughing::

Marla said...

Rain? Rain???? They "promised" we'd get some of that rain here in the Coastal Bend and NOTHING!! Dry as a bone! I wish you could have sent a bit in our direction!! LOL!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Hi there,
I found your blog on the Ning site. I love the pix of you and your 30 yr old baby. What a great pix. I love, love, love your music too. I really like that you can turn it on and off....that way I can hear your other videos too!!!
Great blog.
Smiles,
Kelly
Http://IHaveANotion.blogspot.com