THE NICHE OF A QUILTER, READER, PET LOVER, AND GARDNER

Sunday, November 30, 2008

First Portrait

This is my first portrait collage. The little girl is Sonia and she's very special to me since I have no grand daughters. I painted the canvas board with white, pink and purple acrylics the I did the fairies on the top pointing down on her.I then glued tissue paper on the corners, painted flowers and sprinkled glitter on them. I her on paper for acrylic paints then cut it out and glued on to canvas board. I thought she looked to plain so I cut flowers from magazines and glued them around her. I wanted to make it really girly just like her. I still can't decide on whether to add a little glitter on the purple part of the canvas board though.

There is something totally wrong with the date on my camera. It's going crazy. I just took this picture last week and it says 1-08.

No comments: