THE NICHE OF A QUILTER, READER, PET LOVER, AND GARDNER

Thursday, July 31, 2008

More Stuff

Last night I went to bed at 2a.m and this morning I woke up at 7:30. I knew I shouldn't of taken a two hour nap yesterday afternoon but I just couldn't keep my eyes open no matter how hard I tried. I actually didn't feel sleepy today, maybe I caught up with my sleep with that nap. Anyway, today I cleared up my working area some more at least enough to where I can cut some fabric again. I went to Joann's again (Cha Ching$$$$) and bought some more jewelry supplies. I emailed my sister a picture of some earrings I made and she liked them so I'm going to make her some. I bought another book on wire jewelry making. Maybe I should have a jewelry blog as well, LOL! I tell you I'm a picker, I pick into every art media there is. That's what my mom use to say anyway. She would say, " You pick here and you pick there and you never finish anything." I have bad ADD and get distracted easily that's why I go from project to project. In the evening I went to the bookstore with the hubby and I bought two more books, one for $2, UNICORN"S BLOOD. I also got a stretchy fabric books cover that's suppose to fit any book. I hate for my books to get dirty while I'm reading them and I bought a 5 inch wooden artist model to help me out with drawings. Oh, and I bought a lap top desk, you know, the ones that have the padding on the bottom so you can put it on your lap. I'm using it for my keyboard. I quilted some this morning so I'm doing good. I didn't take my babies out for their evening walk so I feel guilty about that. Jane where are you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning
I live in Magnolia, TX. I am new to blogging so I don't know how to set everything up. I noticed that you can't click on my name to take you to my blog. Oh well, I guess with time and playing around I will learn. LOL Jane

Tamara Lund D.C. said...

Hi, Wow you really got lucky at Joanns. I have wanted to try my hand at wire jewlery but am still new enough at quilting that I havent strayed too far away. I have tried sewing a few bags but back to Quilts. By the way I pin baste. I tried to thread baste once but the project was so big I ended up sending it out to the longarmer.

Tamara

Regina said...

I just bought one of those bead boards, too! Hubby calls me the Buzz since I flit from project to project, too. can't wait to see some pics of your work - I need to pull mine back out but I have been in full quilting mode for a while.