THE NICHE OF A QUILTER, READER, PET LOVER, AND GARDNER

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Going Out of Business Sale

Yesterday, my husband and I went into Houston and saw a Hancocks going out of business sale,so, we go in and everything was for sale. A couple had two truck loads full of all kinds of shelves. Hubby managed to buy a fabric shelve for $10. He says he can make me a bench/trunk out of it. We'll see. There were some women looking at the %70 off patterns thinking they were getting a great bargain,until I told them they were $.99 at JoAnn's. You should have seen they eyes, talk about almost popping out. They stashed the patterns they were looking at between some fabric bolts and dashed out the door to JoAnn's. We sewers are so much alike. That was so funny. I bought two quilting books and the 18mm rotary cutter that was %50 off.

2 comments:

Linda C said...

70% off would ordinarily sound like a good deal but they are so overpriced to begin with!

Happy Birthday to Ben (and his mom)

ForestJane said...

I bought a lot at the Hancock's going out of business too... but here in Memphis! I also got the rotary cutter, and some thread and trim.